Loading Events

« All Events

• This event has passed.
Sep 12

reGENERATE exhibit opening reception

September 12 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm EDT

From Karen Klinedinst “I’m very honored to have two works included in the upcoming reGENERATE group exhibit at Maryland Art Place.

This summer I was one of nine artists invited by Maryland Art Place in partnership with Lumina Solar to create a work of art using a solar panel to interpret the theme of energy for the reGENERATE group exhibition, opening on Thursday, September 12.

During my daily summer walks, I foraged flowering plants found in the wild meadows of Wyman Park. Inspired by Anna Atkins, the English botanical artist and first woman photographer, I used the 19th century cyanotype process to create a series of sun-exposed photograms of the meadow flowers found during my walks. All Flowers In Time Bend Towards The Sun celebrates the power of the sun, central to sustaining all life on this planet.

During my spring walks since my husband’s death in 2022, I have searched for and collected ephemerals emerging from the forest floor. Inspired by Anna Atkins book “Photographs of British Algae (1843)”, I use the cyano-lumen process to honor the essence of these brief beautiful lives. This process is filled with surprises and serendipity, serving as a meditation on finding beauty in impermanence.”

Details

Date:
September 12
Time:
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm EDT
Event Tags:
https://www.mdartplace.org/

Venue

Maryland Art Place 218 West Saratoga Street Baltimore, MD 21201
Maryland Art Place 218 West Saratoga Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
+ Google Map