Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community around the world.

Timeline Forums Project Forum “Degrowth” and intercommunalism, sharing, and caring Reply To: “Degrowth” and intercommunalism, sharing, and caring

• Anand Pandian

Administrator
    March 26, 2023 at 11:51 pm

Amazing, thank you @KarinIsSharing for this wealth of ideas. I’m unfamiliar with a lot of what you describe here and grateful for your sharing. Lumbung, for example, and the very idea of the intercommunal. I started a discussion thread a little while ago as a place to park different ideas of what the EDC could be, as a form, as a structure, and I would love to think more about the collective architecture that you’re describing here.

I am also intrigued by your insistence on the continued relevance of growth, even in a time when degrowth seems to have more and more salience. I find myself drawn to metaphors (and practices) of growth all the time, even as the toxicity of unfettered economic growth becomes more and more obvious. I find myself drawn increasingly to “decay” as another alter to growth. But one could work, just as well, to pluralize the registers of growth itself: social, collective, spiritual, personal, etc.